Make your own Chung-Gyul-Ju 청귤주 키트 (Green tangerine Wine) kit
Introducing our 청귤청 Make Your Own ‘Chung-Gyul’ Wine Kit!
Our kit consists of:
- 1 x 1 kg Green Tangerines
- 1 x 1 kg Xylose Sugar
- 1 x 5L Glass Jar
- 1 x Sticker Label
Green tangerine from Jeju Island are only available for a short time, for the month of August till first week of September. The tangerines are organically grown and pesticides free.
Green tangerine wine boasts a unique flavor profile that combines the zesty and slightly bitter notes of green tangerine peels with the sweetness and complexity of fermentation. The result is a well-balanced beverage with a refreshing citrus aroma and a harmonious blend of tartness and sweetness.
Making the syrup
- Wash the green tangerines in running tap water.
- Add salt or baking soda into the bowl, gently rubbing and washing them thoroughly. After washing, make sure to dry the tangerines thoroughly.
- Slice the green tangerine into an appropriate size.*
- Slice the green tangerine, pour 300g of the sugar and mix well in a bowl.
- When the sugar starts to dissolve, transfer it into a sterilized jar. Fill the top with the remaining sugar.
- Pour in your choice of liqour and make sure that it is 25% or over of alcohol percentage. Close the lid and leave the jar at room temperature for all sugar to dissolve.
- The finished green tangerine wine can be consumed deliciously after it has aged for at least 365 days.
- Store the unconsumed syrup in the refrigerator.
*It is recommended to cut it in about 5 mm thickness.
*Cut the ends to slightly expose the flesh. Remove the ends as they tend to have a bitter taste.
For all pre-order items and fresh produce like fruits and fresh mushrooms, we regret that there is no refund, cancellation, or return once orders are placed to our supplier on Mondays when pre-order closed.
When you place a pre-order, we will create a special reservation with the manufacturer or supplier for you. Because of this, it is currently not possible for us to cancel a pre-order. If you do insist on a cancellation, then a surcharge of 70% of the order value will be imposed.
For SoGood Thursday Pre-Orders, please reach out to us immediately should you change your mind. Please contact us, call or email ASAP by 6pm on Monday of the week of delivery, as we will send in the order to import your items then.
For Frozen Items, in any case of receiving a wrong item, as long as the product is NOT consumed, left untouched (Thawed,Frozen), We will determine whether the item has meet our requirements and eligible for an exchange, or a refund. Any wrong item received that has a difference in price will be partially refunded depending on the situation.
If there is any dissatisfaction with your purchase, please contact us, and we will work with you to make it right.
Other terms and conditions for shipping and delivery charges apply.
Note: Images shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual products may vary.
We may replace an item from other prefectures in the event of bad weather condition or out-of-stock situation.