Korea Oriental Melon 참외 - 1kg
Korean melons are a symbol of summer in Korea and are mainly eaten chilled as a cooling dish. The melons are favoured for their compact, portable size, edible hydrating nature, neutral flavour, and firm, crisp flesh.
Korean melon can be found in ivory to green shades, but the bright yellow and white striped cultivars are the most common. Underneath the rind, the white flesh is crisp, firm, and aqueous, encasing three cavities filled with small, semi-soft ivory seeds suspended in a gelatinous liquid in between strings of white fibres.
When ripe, Korean melons will have a subtle aroma, feel heavy for their size, and will yield slightly when pressure is applied. The entire melon is edible, including the rind, flesh, and seeds. The rind bears a somewhat bitter taste, and the seeds and fibres are considered the sweetest portion of the melon. The flesh has a crunchy, succulent texture with a mild, subtly sweet, and floral flavour with banana, cantaloupe, cucumber, and honeydew nuances.
- From farms with over 40 years of melon growing
- Pesticide free, eco-friendly farming method
- 1kg consist of 2~3pcs in a punnet
- 18 Brix and above in sweetness index
How to enjoy
- Leave the melon out to ripen and to develop the sweetness
- Soak the melon in water with some baking soda for about 15 mins and then wash them clean.
- It is ripe when it feels heavy for its size, will have a slight fruity smell to it, and will have a little give when pressed.
- This smallish melon is a little unique from other melons, in that you can pretty much eat the entire melon if you wanted to, like a cucumber. The skin or rind is quite thin, much thinner than a watermelon, cantaloupe, etc.
For all pre-order items and fresh produce like fruits and fresh mushrooms, we regret that there is no refund, cancellation, or return once orders are placed to our supplier on Mondays when pre-order closed.
When you place a pre-order, we will create a special reservation with the manufacturer or supplier for you. Because of this, it is currently not possible for us to cancel a pre-order. If you do insist on a cancellation, then a surcharge of 70% of the order value will be imposed.
For SoGood Thursday Pre-Orders, please reach out to us immediately should you change your mind. Please contact us, call or email ASAP by 6pm on Monday of the week of delivery, as we will send in the order to import your items then.
If there is any dissatisfaction with your purchase, please contact us, and we will work with you to make it right.
Other terms and conditions for shipping and delivery charges apply.
Note: Images shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual products may vary.
We may replace an item from other prefectures in the event of bad weather condition or out-of-stock situation.