Make Your Own Maesil Cheong (Green Plum Syrup) Kit 매실청키트- with limited Hong Maesil
This includes delicate Korean green plums (maesil) that are only available for a very limited time (from May to June), xylose sugar, plus the recipe required to make this kitchen essential that every Korean household prepares at this time of year.
Maesil-Cheong is used as a condiment and healthy sugar substitute. It relieves indigestion and is considered traditional medicine.
To complete the kit, Olivia has even included the large glass jar and label for indicating the date of preparation that you will need to ferment your green plum sauce at home.
Make Your Own Maesil Syrup
Maesil-Cheong (Green Plum Syrup) Preparation
- 1 x 2L Glass Jar
- 1 x 1KG Xylose Sugar
- 1 x 1KG Green Plum
- 1 x Sticker Label
- 2 x Toothpicks
- Disinfect the glass jar with boiling water.
- Wash the plums clean and dry completely. Remove all the stem ends from the plums.
- Using a sharp needle or with a toothpick, prick the plum 2 or 3 times to make it more liquid-rich.
- In a glass jar, layer 1/3 of the plums on the bottom and sprinkle 1/3 of the sugar.
- Repeat Step 4 until the sugar is close to the lip of the jar.
- Close the lid and store it in a dark place. Let the plums ferment for at least 3 months (and up to 3 years). Write down the date and paste the sticker onto the jar to keep track of when you can begin to consume the syrup.
- When ready, strain the plums and syrup with a fine strainer. Collect the syrup in a jar and store it in the fridge.
- The syrup is now ready for use in many recipes or drink it with chilled iced water.
For all pre-order items and fresh produce like fruits and fresh mushrooms, we regret that there is no refund, cancellation or return once orders are placed to our supplier on Mondays when pre-order closed. If you do insist on a cancellation, then a surcharge of 70% of the order value will be imposed.
For SoGood Thursday Pre-Orders, please reach out to us immediately should you change your mind. Please contact us, call or email ASAP by 6pm on Monday of the week of delivery, as we will send in the order to import your items then.
If there is any dissatisfaction with your purchase, please contact us, and we will work with you to make it right.
Other terms and conditions for shipping and delivery charges apply.
Note: Images shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual products may vary.
We may replace an item from other prefectures in the event of bad weather condition or out-of-stock situation.
I love plum tea so jumped at this kit!